Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ignorance Is Bliss...

Is it? Is ignorance really bliss?? Is it better not to know certain things? In school, after taking a test, I remember thinking it was better not to know my score. If I didn't look, then I could pretend the score was better than it really was.
Right now I am waiting to hear back about a job and people keep asking me if I'm going to call them. I don't know if I want to or not. If I don't call, then I can still hope that they will call me and hire me, but if I call and find out they hired someone else then it's over. Some want me to call and ask where I went wrong in the interview that made them not want to hire me. I don't want to do that. I don't want to waste their time and what if that just makes me feel worse than I already do? I don't want to dwell, but I have trouble moving on to looking for another job when I really wanted this one. Everyone keeps saying that something good is coming and it won't be like this forever. It's hard to believe that when this has been happening to me over and over since I graduated from high school.
So, back to my original question. Is ignorance truly bliss, or am I fooling myself??

No comments:

Post a Comment